This year, for the first time, the Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends Berlin will pesent the
Kurt Gödel Award 2019
to promote anti-reductionist knowledge in the natural sciences and humanities.
This award will be awarded as part of an essay competition for the best question reductionists would have to answer, but cannot and why.
1 st prize: 10.000,- €
2 nd prize: 3.000,- €
3 rd prize: 2.000,- €
Conditions of participation:
- By participating in the competition, participants accept the following terms and conditions.
- The essay must have a minimum 4000 characters (incl. spaces)
- The entries for the contest are to be sent only as an email to: email@example.com
- Contributions can only be written in German or English.
- The deadline for entries is planned for the 31st of July, 2019. Final date subject to change, to be published here.
- All submissions will be submitted to the jury anonymously. The names of the authors will not be communicated to the jury until after the final decision has been taken.
- The jury of the Kurt Gödel Award will make a pre-selection among the entries by excluding the contributions that a 2/3 majority of the jury deems less interesting (shortlist).
- This pre-selection will be published (until the award ceremony without the authors names) on the website of the Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends.
- Subsequently, the jury will have a discussion to decide on the winners. The shortlist contributions which are finally not awarded, will no longer be published by the Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends after the award ceremony.
- The winners will be notified in writing at the latest on the 31st of December 2019.
- By submitting an essay, the authors or the author collectives agree that the Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends may store their personal data and use it as part of the competition. All participants must provide their name, date of birth, current address, email address, telephone number and, where applicable, institutional affiliation when submitting their contribution. At the end of thee competition, we will delete all personal data of those participants who did not receive a prize for their contribution.
- Please send your personal information in a separate file. The text document must not contain any references to the author. Your personal data will not be shared with third parties without your express consent and will only be used for the purpose of the competition.
- Every author of a contribution agrees to waive all claims to the copyright of the submitted contribution when published on the internet by the Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends as editor on its websites. All other copyrights will remain with the authors.
- The names of the winners may subsequently be published by the Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends in all forms and in all media. The Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends is permitted to publish photos of the winners created in connection with the award ceremony or submitted by the authors.
- The decisions of the jury of the Kurt Gödel Award are final. Legal recourse is excluded. [The jury members are determined by the Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends]
- The members of the jury may not themselves participate in this competition.
- All submitted essays must be previously unpublished and written independently by the author or author collective. No sources other than those quoted may be used. All quotes and cited texts must be marked as such.
- A breach of these terms and conditions of participation leads to exclusion from the competition.
Kurt Gödel Circle of Friends, c/o Hans Schwarzlow, Arenholzsteig 3, 12103 Berlin, www.kurtgoedel.de